ACSAA symposia occur in alternating years, hosted by academic institutions and museums, and often in conjunction with major exhibitions. They serve as opportunities to meet colleagues, re-connect with mentors and graduate school cohorts, and share one's current research with the field. Symposia are one of the primary ways ACSAA members gather and support one another; we encourage you to attend, present papers, and participate fully in the ACSAA community.
Please use the links below to view material from past symposia.
- 2013 - University of California, Los Angeles (November 7-10)
- 2011 - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis (September 22-25)
- 2009 - Denison University and co-sponsored by Ohio State University (October 16-18)
- 2007 - Asian Art Museum, San Francisco (March 2-4)
- 2005 - San Diego Museum of Art (October 21-23)
- 2004 - Peabody Essex Museum, Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Harvard Museums, Boston area (May 6-9)
- 2001 - Walters Art Museum, Baltimore (November 9-11)
- 2000 - Philadelphia Museum of Art with Temple University and University of Pennsylvania (May 12-14)
- 1998 - College of Charleston (October 30-November 1)
- 1996 - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis (May 10-12)
- 1994 - Asia Society, Brooklyn Museum, Columbia University, New York (April 22-24)
- 1991 - Freer and Sackler Galleries, Smithsonian, Washington, DC (April 19-21)
- 1988 - Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond (April 29-May 1)
- 1983 - University of Denver, Denver Art Museum, University of Colorado - Boulder (May 5-8)